Let’s face it. Its winter, its cold and all you probably want to do is hide under the covers with a movie and something warm… Well at least that’s what I want to do.
Because that’s all I want to do and because its winter I thought I’d show you how to make your own personalized mugs for the freezing days ahead.
WHAT YOU NEED:
x1 (or as many as you want) MUG/TEA-CUP
x1 ROLL OF BROWN PAPER
x1 GOLD SPRAY PAINT CAN
x1 CLEAR SEALER
x1 PAINTERS TAPE
1. Cover the mug with painters tape into whatever pattern/shape you want. I love triangles so that’s what I did.
2. Lightly Spray your mugs with the spray paint, holding the spray paint about 30cm from the mug to avoid speckles. (I wanted this effect because I love textured look)
4. Enjoy your new mug with your favorite hot drink.
1. The tape must be flats against the mugs, free of air bubbles otherwise paint will seep under the tape.
2.Don’t let tape sit too long because the paint may peel if it dries hard about 8 – 15 minutes is good.
3. Rather have two thin coats than one thick coat of paint.
4. Hold spray paint 33cm – 45cm away from mugs to avoid a speckled effect.
5. Don’t add patterns around mouth area of mug unless you have ceramic spray and sealer.
6. Not dishwasher safe. Lightly rinse once used.
7. HAVE FUN!